|When:||Monday, 11/10/2014 - Friday, 11/14/2014 All Day|
University of Oxford
|Description:||This is a 5 day short course run by the University of Oxford. It can be taken as a stand-alone short course, or as part of the MSc in Experimental Therapeutics.
It will focus on emerging areas of medicine using nucleic acids as drugs and also using treatments based on stem cells and bioengineered tissues, including the combined technologies reflecting uses of genetically modified stem cells.
The course will cover the following topics:
• Basic immunology
• Antibody based therapeutics
• Cell based immunotherapy
• Cancer vaccine
• Draft approaches to cancer gene therapy
• Viral vectors for gene therapy
• Non-viral vectors for gene therapy
• Clinical trial design for vaccines and gene therapy